If any of the following benefits are desirable to you or are part of your future goals then you should give this program your attention and consideration.
- A drug-free lifestyle
- A stable personal, social, family and financial life
- No physical withdrawal symptoms
- Decreased or eliminated drug cravings
- A chance to obtain or complete an education
- Improved self-esteem, self-worth and independence
- Improved health and then prevention of drug related health problems (e.g. HIV, Hepatitis, Liver Disease, etc)
- Improved overall quality of life
- A chance to regain respect, trust and relationships with your spouse, children, family members, friends and associates.
- Countless other benefits
Methadone is a long acting synthetic narcotic medication that is administered daily in constant dose after patients are stabilized. Its use for this purpose was developed by Dr. Marie Nyswander and Dr. Vincent Dole working at Rockefeller University in New York City in the 1960’s.
When taken on a daily basis and in appropriate doses under supervision of a physician methadone “blocks” the effects of street heroin and other illicit opiates. Methadone is only effective in cases of addiction of heroin, morphine and other opiod drugs. It is not a treatment for cocaine abuse or the abuse of other illicit drugs.
Methadone produces no significant side effects. It is legal medication made by licensed and approved pharmaceutical compnaies using high standards of quality control. It is administered oraly under doctor supervision and strict program conditions and guidelines. There are no adverse physical or mental effects from methadone.